Saturday, February 14, 2015

His Name is Freddie





It seems fitting that I should publish this post on Valentine's Day.

His name is Freddie and he is everything I have ever dreamed of.  It was like he could see inside my soul and give me everything I needed, right then and there.

That first day, as we got to know each other I was overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of him. Thank God Justin had wanted to hang out in the car so I could take my time and really get to know Freddie. I mean, who wants to be rushed at times like these, especially by their kid?  And here I was all depressed that I had to leave Big Red behind when we left California!  When one door closes, another opens.  Literally.

Meet my new love.




Ladies and gentlemen.....the grand-daddy of stores .... Fred Meyers, aka Freddie's.  This one store is like ten different stores under one roof in one giant store.  It is truly the epitome of one stop shopping. Imagine a full service grocery, Bed Bath and Beyond, Kohls, furniture, sporting goods, toys, automotive, electronics, full service floral, crafts, office supplies, pet supplies, I could go on and on.  Gone are the days of multiple stops running errands.  Need a pair of jeans, gallon of milk, bed sheets, copy paper, soccer cleats, asparagus, motor oil, craft glue, a sofa and the latest Xbox game?  One stop people, one stop.  And I was depressed to be leaving Target behind.  Oh silly girl.

Why oh why is there no Fred Meyer in California?

Here's another shot.  Gorgeous, right?


All kidding aside...this store is pretty great for busy people who don't want to make a lot of stops and get out of their car 10 times in 40 below weather.  Even Joe was impressed and he hates to shop!  We ended up getting a sofa and recliner there that evening.  Finally, somewhere comfortable to sit!  Now all we really needed was beds, the rest could wait.

And today, on Valentine's Day, I am reminded that this store might make my life easier, but it's these men that fill my heart and are all I really need......except for maybe a bed.


Standing on the frozen Chena River in downtown Fairbanks.





No comments:

Post a Comment