Friday, February 27, 2015

Life Changing Moments

That moment when you realize you've been doing it wrong your whole life.  This is that moment.

For Joe and I, it was on Super Bowl Sunday, 2015.

Let me start from the beginning.......

Those of you who know me, know that I am a bit adventurous. There is not much I won't try at least once, especially if it gets the adrenaline pumping.  I live for the thrill baby! The higher, the faster, the scarier.....the better!  And I love trying new things and seeing new places.

I'm adventurous in the kitchen too.  I love to cook and am constantly trying new recipes.  I'll be sharing some of my culinary adventures here on the blog as well, and here's the first.



Grilled cheese sandwiches.....who can imagine life without them? So yummy and so simple to make, most of us can do it in our sleep by the time we're in our teens.  How can you go wrong with butter, cheese and bread?  But you have been.  So very, very wrong.

May I present the Inside Out Grilled Cheese Sandwich.

I was first introduced to the Inside Out Grilled Cheese on Facebook, where we are constantly bombarded with all kinds of crazy, unimportant stuff.  Someone had shared a video of this guy making it and I blew past it, not giving it the time of day as I usually do.  But for some reason it stuck in my craw and several days later I went in search of the video, 'cause you know....I'm a little crazy that way.  After watching the video, I decided I'd give it a try sometime.

Sometime came on Super Bowl Sunday, while putting together our game time snacks.  I realized that all of the snacks I had were of the chip and dip variety, so I searched my cupboards for something to go along with all the different chips and dips.  I had butter, I had cheese, and I had bread.  Voila!  I'd make the Inside Out Grilled Cheese sandwiches and cut them into little squares for snacking.

Let me just tell you.........the seas parted and the angels sang.  The guy was right.  I would never make them the old way again.  Joe and I were like, yep.....that right there is dang good.  Crispy caramelized cheese on the outside and melty cheese on the inside.  Even Jason liked them, the hater of all things involving melted cheese other than pizza.  Can I get an amen?

Here's a link to the video and my challenge to you.  Watch the video and make the sandwich exactly like Chef John says to.  Use the dang white bread, all the butter, and for the love of God, do not use sliced American cheese!  I used Cheddar and a little Jack on the inside and Cheddar on the outside.  Then report back by leaving a comment on this post with your thoughts.  Will you ever make it the old way again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlTCkNkfmRY





2 comments:

  1. I think you could totally use Parmesan on the outside. The options are endless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Jen! I love crispy Parmesan. Let me know if you try it!

      Delete